Tuesday 30 April 2013

Outside Work

Earlier this year, I also entered a competition set by Aphelio, a bold games and interactive design company, challenging competitors to create designs for characters, creatures or environments a game design they are beginning work on. We were given a short brief for what they were looking for and this is what I ended up designing. These creature designs were both exciting and difficult for me as I have never tried to design creatures before. Some designs came simply out of my imagination, like the Peryton Deer design, while others I really focused on their background and why they look the way they do, such as the Whaitiri Glider, which turned out to be my favourite design. I gave them all names and short pieces of information to show I had thought about what each creature would be like and not simply focused on the aesthetics.






 After being invited to join the team for this project as part of a group of interns, I then went on to create some character designs.

This first image was my first design I liked, but I didn't want to get stuck into one character design so I created some thumbnails, exploring different shapes and sizes.



These are the characters I developed from my thumbnails, as you can see I tried to explore as many different designs as possible, from old women to young children to spirit type characters. 




These are a few different head designs.


And currently I am working on different clothing, focusing on helmets and masks 


Initial Designs

Developed Helmet Designs 









No comments:

Post a Comment