Sunday 28 April 2013

Character Illustrations


This is an illustration I created of Sister just sitting in a tree to represent her closeness to nature.


I realised the head was too big so shrunk it down and neatened up the colouring.


I then played around with different layers and tried to create the look of light shining through the tree tops. I also made separate layers to show her blinking, I would like to add some movement to these images for my show reel.


I then went back and neatened the line work up, added in her hair accessories and developed the colour and this is what I currently have. 


Brother Illustration

This is the initail sketch, I wanted to show the siblings relaxed and calm amongst nature as a contrast to their wild hunter sides. Initially I had a bird sitting in the boys hand but opted for a red squirrel instead.


I drew over my sketch, loosely coloured the in the base and added a similar effect to the sisters to create the lighting effect. 


After looking back, I felt there was something wrong with the head and I didn't like the re-drawn face, so I cleaned up the original sketch of the face and enlarged it. I have begun to add shading to add depth.
















No comments:

Post a Comment