Tuesday 7 May 2013

Motion Graphic Development

After piecing all of the separate videos of my motion graphic together, I ended up with this



I then took this video into my group crit to receive feedback on what others thought.

The biggest problem was the speed and flow: this rendition moves far to quick and the pacing is off. As well as this, I was given other pointers for things I should change to improve the overall video.

Things to change:

- Darken Kids on Trees faces
- Change guy to be on same side as previous (panel 20)
- Slow down the whole tempo
- 1-2 blend in transitions
- 3 slow down curtain and blend in
- pause end of panel 6 longer
- move texture up on 6
- Panel 9, narration needs to come in sooner
- Longer between panel 10 and 11
- Longer Pause between 13-14
- Make panel 16 last a lot longer
- Stop the bounce on panel 17
- Change transition on 17/18 (both same)
- Slow down text scenes a lot
- Panel 21, need to move back man
- Move man up as walking away 27 and darken
- 29 fade faces/darken
- 29 change animation, moves weird
- SLOW DOWN OVERALL TIMING
- Add Ambient music

After taking these into consideration, I went back and made all of these changes as well as a few others

Insert second video

I carried on this process at least 5 more times, making changes, rendering out the video, watching it back and taking notes of things to change.

So far this is the video I have, I have slowed down the pace a lot and added some ambient music.



No comments:

Post a Comment