Wednesday 14 November 2012

Music

I will incorporate Music into a section of my narration and definitely into my show reel.
Music I have looked at:

Laura Marling - Devils Spoke.
This was the first song that actually inspired my idea, I imagine this song starting at the end of the origin story where the babes have "died". The video would pan down from the bright moon to the same oak tree the children first found shelter in so many years ago, and just as the camera reached the point of the hollow, the guitar would begin playing as a pair of eyes suddenly open within the hollow. I then imagine a quick succession of shots that imply a human hunting a dear, jumping over logs and in the trees.  However, some might say this song is too commercial for my design, but I like the folk sounding music because this is what my idea represents to me.

30 seconds to Mars - Night of the Hunter


This song is very different to my original idea, but I want to explore all possibilities, its much more commercial and epic sounding. I think this song would suit my story had more of a heroic fantasy style.


These are some pieces of music I would not have thought of myself and so I asked some friends of what sort of music they thought of when when I discussed my story ideas.

Decapitated - Silence



Flesh God Apocalypse - Agony






Wardruna -Hagal



Wardruna - Algir - Togntale


Wardruna - Kauna
This is my favourite of them all, the low pitched voice and growls gives the song a dark edge yet its still uplifting and powerful. 


Wardruna is a musical project based on Nordic spiritualism and the runes of the Elder Futhark. It was started by Einar "Kvitrafn" Selvik in 2003, along with Gaahl and Lindy Fay Hella. The project began in 2003 and has since released one album based on 8 of the runes. There are plans to release at least two more discs, each based on eight more of the runes. This is perfect music for my concepts and motion graphic, it sounds very tribal and natural, yet powerful and intimidating which is what my characters will be like and what they feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment