Tuesday 7 May 2013

Further Illustrations

I felt that the weapon I designed needed some more explaining and I wanted to create an illustration to show it in use, as well as create more illustrations of my characters.

Initial Sketch and base colour:



Wanted to take the image further so added shading and more detail, such as the dreads and hair accessories:




Added a background using a photo I took at Wayland wood and added a texture.


I liked the image but felt she didn't stand out enough so played around with colours and lighting to enhance it.


After completing this illustration, I decided to create a counter illustration of the brother using the weapon in a  different way, such as a spear.

   




I then took the two images and played around with their compositions and how they could work with each other.







No comments:

Post a Comment